Perhaps start with comparing the output of "ifconfig" and "netstat -r" under both OS's....
I've just done a HD install of 3.3 (11/19/03). It's on hdb2, a Maxtor 40 Gb 7200 rpm hard drive; on hda1 I have an install of Libranet 2.8.1 I use a US Robotics 56k Sportster external modem to connect, and it works perfectly in Libranet. However, when I set it up using pppconfig in my Knoppix install, it dials out, and by the appearence of the LED's it connects, but when I ping my ISP, I get a message (paraphrase) "5 packets sent, 0 packets recieved". I used pppconfig in Libranet and it set up with no problem; the configuration looks the same. Any ideas?
Perhaps start with comparing the output of "ifconfig" and "netstat -r" under both OS's....

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA)
$11999.95
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99
48GB Lot (12x 4GB) Nanya PC3-8500R DDR3 1066MHz ECC Registered Server RAM
$60.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Laptop DDR4 8GB RAM 3200MHz Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.2V Single Rank
$147.99
8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM Unbuffered 288-Pin PC4-21300 Upgrade
$145.99