-
Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?
Hello,
I want to use my Multimedia-Keyboard with Knoppix HDInstallt (3.3).
I got hotkeys (apt-get install hotkeys). Works properly, when I start it manualy.
I googled for doing it during the bootup/startx .... 'hotkeys -t [keybdef]'
But I realy have no clue, where I have to write the launch-command to.
xsessions, rc5.d ....?
thx
Stefan
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?

Originally Posted by
stefan741
Hello,
I want to use my Multimedia-Keyboard with Knoppix HDInstallt (3.3).
I got hotkeys (apt-get install hotkeys). Works properly, when I start it manualy.
I googled for doing it during the bootup/startx .... 'hotkeys -t [keybdef]'
But I realy have no clue, where I have to write the launch-command to.
xsessions, rc5.d ....?
thx
Stefan
I would normally put a command like that in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh at the bottom of the file.
-
Re: Multimedia-Keyboards with HOTKEYS during startup?

Originally Posted by
Stephen
I would normally put a command like that in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh at the bottom of the file.
Yea, but, as far as I see it, bootmisc.sh is not only for shell-startup?
But hotkeys needs to be started under X.
So, I made mada file called ~/.Xsession
Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec hotkeys -t aspire1300
and in the Xsessions.options is
Code:
allow-user-xsession
but, still it doesn't work
Similar Threads
-
By Phuzion in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
-
By tommydl in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 01:33 PM
-
By dichotomy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By aay in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 11:35 AM
-
By John in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99