-
Running Knoppix on a Toshiba Satellite box
Greetings,
I'm trying to install a Knoppix 3.3 distro on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I started with 'knoppix lang=es' startup worked great, it entered runlevel 2 and then X server was started and I was constantly getting console errors about HDA. Looking at cheatcodes I tried with 'knoppix lang=es dma' and it worked, but now I cannot do 'knx-hdinstall' because device is unmountable.
/etc/fstab says that /dev/hda must be mounted on /mnt/hda but when I try it it keeps telling me that bad filesystem, non valid superblock or too many filesystems mounted, even when I pass 'mount -t vfat /dev/hda /mnt/hda'. I was also trying with the mount command to do 'mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda' as I do usually with my desktop box, but it tells me that it might be an IDE SCSI unit, that I should try with '/dev/sr0 and /dev/sda'. I've also tried with both and nothing happened.
FInally, I'm unable to install Knoppix in the harddisk, even with the cheatcode 'tohd=/dev/hda1'. I'm a bit desperate because I don't want to use Mandrake!! 
Thank you very much for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By nerbas in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By redliner in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
-
By moorer2k in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
-
By toohey in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95