Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Running Knoppix on a Toshiba Satellite box

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4

    Running Knoppix on a Toshiba Satellite box

    Greetings,

    I'm trying to install a Knoppix 3.3 distro on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I started with 'knoppix lang=es' startup worked great, it entered runlevel 2 and then X server was started and I was constantly getting console errors about HDA. Looking at cheatcodes I tried with 'knoppix lang=es dma' and it worked, but now I cannot do 'knx-hdinstall' because device is unmountable.

    /etc/fstab says that /dev/hda must be mounted on /mnt/hda but when I try it it keeps telling me that bad filesystem, non valid superblock or too many filesystems mounted, even when I pass 'mount -t vfat /dev/hda /mnt/hda'. I was also trying with the mount command to do 'mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda' as I do usually with my desktop box, but it tells me that it might be an IDE SCSI unit, that I should try with '/dev/sr0 and /dev/sda'. I've also tried with both and nothing happened.

    FInally, I'm unable to install Knoppix in the harddisk, even with the cheatcode 'tohd=/dev/hda1'. I'm a bit desperate because I don't want to use Mandrake!!

    Thank you very much for any help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3
    Hi

    Try Knoppix 3.1. As I know such problem does not exist in this version. Run Knoppix without dma cheatcode.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
  2. knoppix on toshiba satellite 1800-s254
    By redliner in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 03:11 AM
  3. Hibernation on Toshiba Satellite
    By chrisjrn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:30 AM
  4. Toshiba Satellite 335CDS
    By moorer2k in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro

$240.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$365.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$124.99



Lot of 10 Intel Core i7-9700 8-Core 3.0 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop Processor SRG13 picture

Lot of 10 Intel Core i7-9700 8-Core 3.0 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop Processor SRG13

$799.99



HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box picture

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box

$299.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00