Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: US Robotics external modem trouble

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    3

    US Robotics external modem trouble

    I've just done a HD install of 3.3 (11/19/03). It's on hdb2, a Maxtor 40 Gb 7200 rpm hard drive; on hda1 I have an install of Libranet 2.8.1 I use a US Robotics 56k Sportster external modem to connect, and it works perfectly in Libranet. However, when I set it up using pppconfig in my Knoppix install, it dials out, and by the appearence of the LED's it connects, but when I ping my ISP, I get a message (paraphrase) "5 packets sent, 0 packets recieved". I used pppconfig in Libranet and it set up with no problem; the configuration looks the same. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Perhaps start with comparing the output of "ifconfig" and "netstat -r" under both OS's....

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
  2. Robotics 5610 modem - How do I do this
    By crhoff in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
  3. Knoppix and US Robotics 56k Internal Modem
    By tb75252 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:20 AM
  4. need help config US Robotics modem
    By Evan38888 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
  5. SB Live and US robotics modem not working...please help!
    By jamesgf in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99