Why is X -query ipofserver :1 so slow on my knoppix-installed as debian server and clients? If I run X -query ipofserver :1 from vt2 on a debian or knoppix hdinstalled client, nothing happens until I change vt's a few times....
If I X -query localhost :1 from vt2 on the server (hdinstalled as debian), the login screen comes right up.
If I X -query ipofserver from vt1 on a client using the liveCD and knoppix 2 cheat code, the login screen comes right up too!
TIA,

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99