Is XF86Config-4 the same on hdd as it was from cd?
OK, now my whole lab at school is knoppix-installed as debian, but I can only get 800x600 res when I used to get 1024x768 from the liveCD with the boot string (cheat code): knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60. How do I fix the resolution.
TIA,
Is XF86Config-4 the same on hdd as it was from cd?
I tried that old trick. After the hdinstall, reboot liveCD with correct cheat codes and just copy XF86Config-4 from /etc/X11/ to /mnt/hda7/etc/X11. However this only worked for me when I knoppix-installed as knoppix, not as debian. If I do this on a debian box I get tons of X errors and no GUI....
"Which is worse no GUI or lowres GUI?", that is the question!
Regards,

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99