Is XF86Config-4 the same on hdd as it was from cd?
OK, now my whole lab at school is knoppix-installed as debian, but I can only get 800x600 res when I used to get 1024x768 from the liveCD with the boot string (cheat code): knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60. How do I fix the resolution.
TIA,
Is XF86Config-4 the same on hdd as it was from cd?
I tried that old trick. After the hdinstall, reboot liveCD with correct cheat codes and just copy XF86Config-4 from /etc/X11/ to /mnt/hda7/etc/X11. However this only worked for me when I knoppix-installed as knoppix, not as debian. If I do this on a debian box I get tons of X errors and no GUI....
"Which is worse no GUI or lowres GUI?", that is the question!
Regards,

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$290.24
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 9 i7-1185g7 32GB RAM 512GB NVME
$509.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50