-
kdm hang when wlan card is in
I have a HP Omnibook 500 running Knoppix 3.3 and everything is working pretty well, with the following exception:
If I have my wireless pc card (a 3com OfficeConnect with Xjack, model 3CRSHPW196) plugged in when I boot up, linux detects it okay during boot, but when kdm attempts to start, the whole system hangs with a blank screen and full keyboard lock, and I havew to reboot.
If I wait until kdm has started (grey screen with waiting cursor), and then plug the card in, everything works fine.
If I switch to gdm, I don't have that problem, but I like kdm a lot better and want to keep it.
I'm not sure if it's a pcmcia problem, network problem, or just an issue with my particular card.
Anyone else run into anything like that?
Similar Threads
-
By fabian_wuertz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 12:01 PM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By nodata in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
-
By esher2292 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By Threv in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88