Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Realplayer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25

    Realplayer

    Hi. I'm trying to install real player, but I can't execute the binary.

    chmod u+x (rpinstaller.bin)
    But I get the following error:

    cannot execute binary file
    I wish I knew what was wrong...

    EDIT: Wow... I guess the Debian .bin file won't work in Knoppix. That's definitely a first for me .

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Realplayer

    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters13
    Hi. I'm trying to install real player, but I can't execute the binary.

    chmod u+x (rpinstaller.bin)
    But I get the following error:

    cannot execute binary file
    I wish I knew what was wrong...

    EDIT: Wow... I guess the Debian .bin file won't work in Knoppix. That's definitely a first for me .
    Get the rp8.linux20.libc6.i386.cs2.rpm file and use alien -i rp8.linux20.libc6.i386.cs2.rpm you will want to remember where you stored the file and change the name to rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm because the next time you upgrade your packages it is going to want to install it again and it has to have that name and IIRC it makes you go through the damn install twice.

Similar Threads

  1. [klik] RealPlayer 10
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 12:00 PM
  2. No sound in Realplayer
    By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:41 AM
  3. RealPlayer(RealAudio) files ???
    By YoungTurk in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 04:25 PM
  4. realplayer popup in mozilla!
    By linuxprince in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:58 AM
  5. realplayer install
    By thewalkingman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120 picture

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120

$69.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$155.00



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00