Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix CD burning difficulties

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix CD burning difficulties

    Hello,

    I'm pretty new to CD burning - currently have an IDE CD burner and I'm using Nero Express to burn standard 650MB CDs (on Windows XP). I recently downloaded the latest Knoppix release as an ISO image, which was roughly 700MB. Nero tells me right off the bat that the image is too big for the medium and stops the burn process. What are my options? Thanks.

    P.S. I did read the blurb about Nero in one of the FAQs, but I didn't think it applied to my problem.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    I haven't used Nero in a while, but I remember some folks on here saying you have to make sure 'finalize cd' is checked. Maybe that's your problem?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the reply. Nero says it's expecting CD-RW media, my disk is CD-R. Aren't CD-RWs also limited to 650 megs? As for "finalize dsk" option, that option is present only on "burn data disk" screen. The ISO image doesn't have any significance in that case, it's just an ISO file. What I'm trying to do is "burn disk image" which lacks the "finalize disk" option.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    Did you check the size of your media? You must have an 700 Mb CD. Click in the "Recorder" option in the menu, and then select Medium-Info. There must appears the size of your media.

    You must have one of two problems: Your CDs are small(I don't think so, nearly all the cds now have 700 Mb). Your CD Writter is too old. (The same, all the new cd writter support this media) When I mean new CD Writter I'm talking about 16X or more

Similar Threads

  1. Difficulties running 3.8.2
    By whjudoka in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 05:36 PM
  2. Wireless Difficulties
    By crizzlator in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 04:17 AM
  3. Burning Knoppix 3.6
    By McGrady in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:36 AM
  4. help! burning a Knoppix dvd
    By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 03:26 PM
  5. knoppix burning in cd-rom
    By E-Compagnie in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$125.00



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P picture

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P

$319.99



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99