? Just a guess- have you tried not using any of those cheat codes or is that the only combination that works? Forcing the keyboard onto another IRQ could conceivably cause something like that to happen.
OK Here's the stories of my travails with knoppix:
First I booted my new knoppix 3.3 cd, seemingly with success. I then discovered that ethernet wasn't working. ifconfig told me my nic was up, drivers loaded, etc., but it was dropping all packets (Rx?) and dhcp was not working. I was stumped for a while. By chance I noticed after a uname -a that the kernel Knoppix had chosen for me was SMP. I have but one athlon. So I tried using the cheat codes
knoppix nosmp noacpi pci=biosirq, to see if that would fix things. It found my athlon, booted, and lo! I had net access. But wait - for some freakish reason after rebooting and using the exact same cheatcodes I get this: Everything works fine, UNTIL I TOUCH THE KEYBOARD. Press any key, and she hangs like the scrotum of a sasquatch. This makes me sad. Any ideas?
? Just a guess- have you tried not using any of those cheat codes or is that the only combination that works? Forcing the keyboard onto another IRQ could conceivably cause something like that to happen.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$219.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99