-
Well don't be too hasty. With XFree86 4.3.0 which comes standard with the
Slackware 9.0 distribution, the Savage driver works perfectly as does the
fbdev driver. It is just Knopix that I am having trouble with. I see from the
XFree86.0.log, that it is also 4.3.0 but a Debian version (Debian 4.3.0-0ds4)
which might be causing a problem with an old savage driver.
I should point out that I also run another dual booting computer with Win2K and
Slackware 9.0 with a Matrox video card onboard and Knoppix works just fine
there.
I haven't tried fbdev since it didn't seem to work before (see above). However,
it is always a fallback that seems to work with any system when a specific
driver will not work. I know it worked in Slackware 9.0 since I used it before
attempting to use the savage driver.
I'll try your suggestions.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By marcvandoornik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By cul971 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:02 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.55

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99