Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7

    What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?

    So just what version is it that I have installed to my hard drive?

    I used the latest Knoppix CD from last month, and when I view the version text file it says its testing/unstable.

    I know its Debain, but which version did this testing/unstable thing eventually become? Folks are telling me its an old version and I should upgrade to solve some of the speed problems, but since I don't know the actual revision, I can't make a choice.

    Thanks much.

    John

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    12
    It is a mix one.
    The Knoppix mixed the woody, sarge, sid versions, and it added some other packages those do not contained in the Debian system.

    You can setup your own sources.list as you wish.
    In fact, I use only the sid system in my sources.list. (I use the hd-installed Knoppix, too)

Similar Threads

  1. Forgot Root Password on HD install version 3.0 Debian
    By MRNOCHE in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 11:56 PM
  2. What version of Debian?
    By adventurepants in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:48 PM
  3. HD Install what Debian version?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
  4. hdd install = debian, what version ?
    By jymden in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:26 PM
  5. newbie - debian version
    By jforbes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health

$207.00



Samsung PM43H 43

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ

$300.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



Lot Of 26x 32gb/8gb Micron/SKhynix/samsung/mix Ddr4 Sodimm 2133mhz To 3200MHz 🔥 picture

Lot Of 26x 32gb/8gb Micron/SKhynix/samsung/mix Ddr4 Sodimm 2133mhz To 3200MHz 🔥

$1299.95



Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts picture

Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts

$35.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00