Hi lafar,
I don't know your configuration, but did you try the standard cheatcodes "knoppix nosmp noapic"? There are many new boards that need this help.
Ciao Martin
Hello!
I have Knoppix 3.1 (it's FreeEduc based on Knoppix 3.1). It works fine!
I have Knoppix 3.2 (it's EduCD based on Knoppix 3.2). I have a "pure" Knoppix 3.3. They have (I have) some problems.
First - when running Knoppix from CD it hangs after "searching and configuring /etc/fstab". Starting Knoppix with "knoppix dma" helps and everything works ok.
Second. I cannot mount my windows partitions.
Am I doing anything bad or is something bad with newer Knoppix?
Below - what fdisk says:
----------------------------------------------
# fdisk /dev/hda
The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 2432.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,
and could in certain setups cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs
(e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)
Command (m for help): p
Disk /dev/hda: 20.0 GB, 20003880960 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 2432 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 2431 19526976 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
----------------------------------------------------------
... and what mount says:
# mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda
mount: error while guessing filesystem type
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
# mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
or too many mounted file systems
(could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
-------------------------------------------------------------
... and my /etc/fstab
----------------------------------------------
root@0[etc]# more fstab
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/auto/floppy auto user,noauto,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/auto/cdrom auto user,noauto,exec,ro 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda /mnt/hda auto noauto,users,exec 0 0
# mount -t vfat /dev/hda /mnt/hda
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda,
or too many mounted file systems
# mount /dev/hda
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
Hi lafar,
I don't know your configuration, but did you try the standard cheatcodes "knoppix nosmp noapic"? There are many new boards that need this help.
Ciao Martin
Solved!
"hdparm -z" has halped!

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco SFP-10G-LRM 10GBASE-LRM SFP+ Module for MMF and SMF 10-2456-03 Genuine
$25.00
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m
$73.99