-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, doing what you are now is one of the ways to help!
I really really really (yes, really
) appreciate feedback, critique or plain flaming. What do you think can get better? What would you use a liveCD (or any distro, for that matter) for? What just plain sucks? What did you have trouble with?
It's a new (and pre-mature, in this case) project, like most remastered versions here, but i think the users of a distro should turn the distro into what they want (or are content with). If i wanted a liveCD for myself i'd probably pop up one huge emacs window, but this isn't a liveCD for just myself. Even if you can't code or don't want to dive into the ugly details you can seriously help out any project: by pointing out the weakest points...
Oh, and if you want to flame, do it on the wiki at morphix.org. I like flaming back, but i don't think that the rest would appreciate it :P
-
Junior Member
registered user
Nice work, looking forward to the final result!
It would be great if this RAM option could be added to the Knoppix CD...
-
Senior Member
registered user
A KDE 3.1 version would be nice, that allows me to have my own /etc and /home as separate modules!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm, a KDE-based module could be easily made, i'll see if i can get some testmodules up next week (i thought people already had enough KDE-versions of KNOPPIX, then again it wouldnt be much effort)
modules that load /etc and /home? well, could be a good idea, i'll see if i can get some scripts done that easily create minimodules. Should these be seperate modules, or a combined /etc+/home module? It's doable, placing it on the todo-list
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix running from RAM: SUCCESS!! kind of...

Originally Posted by
dvessey
It copies itself, and it boots up fine.. just no X

I think it's probably because I removed one of the knoppix packages while on my mission to hack the size down. It also freezes up at some points.. but that's probably becuase it's only got about 56MB of ram to work with cause the other 200 are being taken up by the image

(another reason why i'd really like to get my hands on that 48MB one with X...
Oh yeah.. alex, if you read this, does the morphix base package have X in it? cause I had started to download it, but then quit..
I've still got a bit of work to do on it, since right now the RAMSIZE is hardcoded in(got fed up statically compiling programs.. I think I'll see if I can make it a command line option).
Once I get something nice working, I'll be sure to post it up though!
Is there a download of your RAM Knoppix version?
I would like to use a distribution like this.
Or perhaps you could details on howto build such a distribution.
Any info appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By mabhatter in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By bigjohn in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 12:17 AM
-
By newknoppixguy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 09:08 PM
-
By chazllor in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By Bl4ckm0r3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 02:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

Dell OptiPlex 5090 Micro Core i5-11500T 1.50GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P Wifi
$199.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00