Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: A small problem...err....problems...

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10

    A small problem...err....problems...

    Ok....I read the FAQ on saving your configuration to a floppy disk. I did that...but...when I run the command to load the config at boot, it doesn't switch back to the way I had things when I saved it.

    Also, once that problem is solved, I gotta figure out why I can't use fb800x600 and load my config at the same time. I says it can't load a kernel....can't remember which one (running it right now, and logging out shuts it down so I'd have to restart, which doesn't always work....got issues with my gfx card not wanting to send feed to the monitor all the time).

    Umm also....I need some help configuring Wine to run UT...I mean....I read on winehq.com that it does run...but....so far no luck.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    3.3 gave me a problem with the saved configuration on hda1. The CD refused to start next time around with the ramdisk option. The .sh file on hda1 seemed to be a simple text file without the settings stored.
    OG.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10
    should I save 'em to a swap partition? Granted I don't know if I have to set one up, or if I can use a partition I already have....*hates being a n00b*

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Small problems....
    By jentybhullar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 04:12 AM
  2. Small Problems upon Finish - Missing menus!
    By eddieroger in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 09:01 AM
  3. Small problem with kPPP
    By HumanBlade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 08:08 AM
  4. Small USB/camera problem.
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 07:55 PM
  5. Damn Small Linux remastering problems
    By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00