Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7

    What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?

    So just what version is it that I have installed to my hard drive?

    I used the latest Knoppix CD from last month, and when I view the version text file it says its testing/unstable.

    I know its Debain, but which version did this testing/unstable thing eventually become? Folks are telling me its an old version and I should upgrade to solve some of the speed problems, but since I don't know the actual revision, I can't make a choice.

    Thanks much.

    John

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    12
    It is a mix one.
    The Knoppix mixed the woody, sarge, sid versions, and it added some other packages those do not contained in the Debian system.

    You can setup your own sources.list as you wish.
    In fact, I use only the sid system in my sources.list. (I use the hd-installed Knoppix, too)

Similar Threads

  1. Forgot Root Password on HD install version 3.0 Debian
    By MRNOCHE in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 11:56 PM
  2. What version of Debian?
    By adventurepants in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:48 PM
  3. HD Install what Debian version?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
  4. hdd install = debian, what version ?
    By jymden in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:26 PM
  5. newbie - debian version
    By jforbes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



SK Hynix HMCG94MEBRA109N AA 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-38400 4800E DDR5 SDRAM Server Memory picture

SK Hynix HMCG94MEBRA109N AA 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-38400 4800E DDR5 SDRAM Server Memory

$2000.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88