Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7

    What version of Debian am I using after doing a HD install?

    So just what version is it that I have installed to my hard drive?

    I used the latest Knoppix CD from last month, and when I view the version text file it says its testing/unstable.

    I know its Debain, but which version did this testing/unstable thing eventually become? Folks are telling me its an old version and I should upgrade to solve some of the speed problems, but since I don't know the actual revision, I can't make a choice.

    Thanks much.

    John

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    12
    It is a mix one.
    The Knoppix mixed the woody, sarge, sid versions, and it added some other packages those do not contained in the Debian system.

    You can setup your own sources.list as you wish.
    In fact, I use only the sid system in my sources.list. (I use the hd-installed Knoppix, too)

Similar Threads

  1. Forgot Root Password on HD install version 3.0 Debian
    By MRNOCHE in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 11:56 PM
  2. What version of Debian?
    By adventurepants in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 12:48 PM
  3. HD Install what Debian version?
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:15 PM
  4. hdd install = debian, what version ?
    By jymden in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:26 PM
  5. newbie - debian version
    By jforbes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



Lot of 12 Vintage 1960's Military Logic Cards PCB Set Germanium Transistors picture

Lot of 12 Vintage 1960's Military Logic Cards PCB Set Germanium Transistors

$299.00



VINTAGE - TANDY TRS-80 Radio Shack 2 Joystick Controllers w/ Box 26-3008 - NEW picture

VINTAGE - TANDY TRS-80 Radio Shack 2 Joystick Controllers w/ Box 26-3008 - NEW

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Sonic Solutions Macintosh  Power Mac 3.5

Vintage Sonic Solutions Macintosh Power Mac 3.5" Floppy Disks + Manuals RARE

$99.90



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vtg 370CPU Rev 370 FC-PGA converter board With ECS Motherboard + CPU Lot  picture

Vtg 370CPU Rev 370 FC-PGA converter board With ECS Motherboard + CPU Lot

$70.00