-
Senior Member
registered user
>>but little things, like when you go to log out it acts just like the CD and shuts down the machine.
! How do you do this. Mine doesn't. I have installed knoppix on 3 boxes, versions 3.1,3.2&.3.3, tried knx-hdinstall on the older versions & both debian style & knoppix style with 3.3. It will power down my laptop but never powers down my desktop boxes. This is one of my pet peeves, I have been unsuccessful in finding the edits or settings to get the system to power down.
>>I'm guessing here but I think you would go to KDE control centre, 'boot options' or 'startup options' & uncheck 'automatically log on one user'.
>>The best explanation for why there is a "Knoppix-style" and "Debian-style" installer is in this post http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5017
What is implied but not made clear in this post is that 'Knoppix style' will rebuild to default fstab & default hardware setup each boot. This is why I use 'Debian style' instead, Knoppix default sets my monitor at 60 cps flicker & I want my shared drives mounted differently. Also, once you are installed on HD, there is no need for all those alternative language supports so the first thing I do is apt-get update & install localepurge. I have found that sometimes when you log out/login again as new user the system does funny things like suddenly speaking German. I also remove the en-de version of Openoffice & install the full version. The en-de version that comes with Knoppix has no help files. Apt-get doesn't do a good job of this, download the tar file & use the built in installer instead. I have also had video bugs whcich I think I have found the solution to. See my other post for this one.
Similar Threads
-
By xonicman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:14 AM
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By rushman8282 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:38 AM
-
By fritschi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 12:02 AM
-
By miamicanes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

â Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)â
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99