Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Broadband Router - Downloads hang

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2

    Broadband Router - Downloads hang

    I recently added a second computer in my home, so I installed a cable modem connected to a Linksys broadband wireless router. I have Wide Open West internet service using their cable modem connected to the internet port on my linksys router.

    After installation, I have problems with downloads on both the PC connected to the ethernet port on the router and the one connecting through the wireless access. Downloads just hang. I have no problem with surfing web pages. If I try downloading different files, the download will hang at different points in the download. Sometimes after only a few hundred K, other times after a few Mb.

    Linksys Tech Support hasn't been much help. They had me enable MTU with a setting of 1500. This didn't help. I lowered the setting to 1000 and still no help.

    Any suggestions??? Thanks....................

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    question:
    do you know this is a site for knoppix support ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2
    Ooops. My mistake.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    I presume you're using knoppix with this router? I'd be interested if you found your solution as I was just about to get a linksys cable router to set-up 3 PCs at home on the net.

    TIA,

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
  2. Stalled downloads
    By swazi in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:17 AM
  3. sourceforge.net top downloads
    By probono in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
  4. newbie downloads
    By alex121 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 02:43 PM
  5. Can't acces USR broadband router
    By jpickard in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11 picture

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11

$89.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT

$225.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98