Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Network Configuring and Linuxant Driver for wifi

  1. #1

    Network Configuring and Linuxant Driver for wifi

    Has anyone had experience with the Linuxant Driverloader? I have not been able to get my Atheros 5001x Wifi card (in a toshiba satellite p15-s409 laptop) to work with the Madwifi driver so I though that I would try the Linuxant driverloader. All seemed to go well with the installation. The instructions stated that I should be able to recognize the card as eth1, which made sense, and then configure.....but, being very much a newbie, I've not been successful in finding the way to configure. I thought it might be under system configure, network....but did not find a "configure" tool. I'm sure this is simple and that I am overlooking something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, John

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3
    John,
    I don't know about Linuxant, but you may want to check out ndiswrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/). It works great for my Broadcom card -- and it's free!
    Ray

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Rosengarten, Schwäbisch Hall
    Posts
    1

    Re: Network Configuring and Linuxant Driver for wifi

    i just got it running on my Sony Vaio PCG-F305 Laptop.
    If the installation (including teh web based part) went well then you have to set up the network card, at first do a "ifconfig [ifname] up" where ifname should be the interface name like eth0/eth0.
    After this the interface should be up (use "ifconfig" to check this) and can be configured through regular tools.

    to see what settings are used:
    iwconfig eth0

    set up the ssid of your wlan (same as on your AP)
    iwconfig eth0 essid [ssidname of your ap]

    set up the channel number
    iwconfig eth0 channel 9 # if its channel 9

    set up the encryption if any ("enc s:keyname" if it is an string)
    iwconfig eth0 enc s:yourkey # or enc [yourkey]
    or do a man iwconfig for examples

    turn on OpenAuthentication (where [1] is the keynumber inc. brackets)
    iwconfig eth0 enc [1] open

    turn on encryption
    iwconfig eth0 enc on

    if the network interface is not configured manually and there is an DHCP server up and running (maybe on your AP side) use
    pump eth0
    to set the ip number through DHCP
    or any other tools to set up your newly installed network card. This is it how it did work for me. But i now have to check out how the settings can be stored under knopix. There are gone after a reboot, and it seems the knoppix network installation did not save them permanently.

    hth
    Anton


    Quote Originally Posted by johnsandidge
    Has anyone had experience with the Linuxant Driverloader? I have not been able to get my Atheros 5001x Wifi card (in a toshiba satellite p15-s409 laptop) to work with the Madwifi driver so I though that I would try the Linuxant driverloader. All seemed to go well with the installation. The instructions stated that I should be able to recognize the card as eth1, which made sense, and then configure.....but, being very much a newbie, I've not been successful in finding the way to configure. I thought it might be under system configure, network....but did not find a "configure" tool. I'm sure this is simple and that I am overlooking something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, John

Similar Threads

  1. network driver
    By turbonow in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 03:41 PM
  2. A couple of Network (wifi) issues on a 3.3 based HDD Install
    By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  3. can't "make install" my wifi driver- please help
    By h0mersimps0n in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:13 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
  5. Network driver problem
    By manolo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00