Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Won't boot from CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    Won't boot from CD

    I'm trying to simply get Knoppix started on a recently-built AMD64 system. The problem: Won't boot from CD. I've tried every BIOS setting I can find. The rather generic-looking error I get is:

    Boot from CD:
    1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(0F)
    Boot Failed

    The reason I even think of bringing this to the Knoppix forums is that other bootable CD's such as Windows Install work just fine, but the two Knoppix cd's (V3.3-2003-11-03 and -11-19) fail. These CD's *do* work on other systems. This system does not have a floppy drive. Any ideas?:/

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7
    I've similar experience with my home PC and cannot solve it

    In my home PC:
    - knoppix 20031114 boots fine
    - remaster from 20030924 boots fine
    - remaster from 20031119 FAILS TO BOOT (I burnt 2 CD's for trials)
    And all these CD should be good as they can boot in other computers.

    I extract the boot image from the failing 20031119 remaster to a floppy which boots fine in my home PC

    Is it because of the CD drive? It is a very old Hitachi CDR-7730...

  3. #3
    I have also had exactly these symptoms with 20031119 (3.3) that works fine on all of my other hardware.

    P4, 875 chipset, 1 Gbyte ram

    boots Windows XP and Red Hat 9 (at least)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$59.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$246.00



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95