Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem with audio

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2

    Problem with audio

    My knoppix 3.1 don't want to see my audio card (it's a sys) what could I do?
    PS I had a Asus L3 series

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    A few questions:

    1) Why are you using Knoppix 3.1? 3.3 is the latest.
    2)What kind of card do you have? I don't recognize a (sys).
    3)Have you tried sndconfig

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2

    knoppix 3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    A few questions:

    1) Why are you using Knoppix 3.1? 3.3 is the latest.
    2)What kind of card do you have? I don't recognize a (sys).
    3)Have you tried sndconfig
    I've got 3.2 from a magazine cd. How do I get 3.3????

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382

    Re: knoppix 3.3

    Quote Originally Posted by johngrinham
    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    A few questions:

    1) Why are you using Knoppix 3.1? 3.3 is the latest.
    2)What kind of card do you have? I don't recognize a (sys).
    3)Have you tried sndconfig
    I've got 3.2 from a magazine cd. How do I get 3.3????
    d/l the iso and burn it...see the "Get Knoppix" link above.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    champagnemojo,

    I realize that v3.2 is old, and that currently 3.3 is the newest.

    So, here comes the questions:
    1) If I was intending on HD Installing Knoppix, does the version I have really matter? Won't, during the updating phase, bring me current?
    2) I am sorry to say, I have only a 56k dial-up connection, and the ISP has a monopoly here in my "little hick town", so no other connections are available, and it isn't even that stable to run a 700Meg d/l without a hick-up.
    3) Due to excessive Christmas spending, even something as small as 5 USD, is hard to come by at the moment.

    Heck, if I could get a decent d/l capacity; T1, DSL, etc... I'd go to Debian's site and d/l the "woody" ISO's and burn them myself. But, alas, I am in a poor town with only WebTV people, and they don't seem to mind the fact that the local ISP can't stay up for more than 10 minutes without locking up.

    Thanks for any input,
    Cuddles

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9
    Check on ebay for IsoNow or something like that, I bought mandrake 9.2 and knoppix for like $7. Their located in Madison. If money is still an issue get a download manager like Reget. I used it to resume 9 different times on dial-up for another live linux distro, Phlak, which was around 470mb and the iso burned fine.

Similar Threads

  1. Audio CD
    By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
  2. Audio CD mounting problem
    By leone25s in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. M-audio audiophile 2496 problem
    By ChaseB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 04:04 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
  5. Asus A7M266-D and CM8738 Audio Problem and Fix
    By bfree in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105 picture

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105

$19.95