I have a usb hard drive that does not mount. I used fdisk option c to set up the partition as win32. When I try to mount it i get the msg. mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1 or too many monted file systems. I use mount -t -vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1. The dmesg shows:
hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x4b4/0x6830) is not claimed by any active driver
.
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 222
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Vendor: Maxtor 6 Model: E030L0 Rev: 0 0
Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Attached scsi disk sda at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
SCSI device sda: 60058656 512-byte hdwr sectors (30750 MB)
sda: sda1
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
USB Mass Storage support registered.
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 80000280, flags 0, urb c9cc72b0, burb c9cc7430
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 80000280, flags 0, urb c9cc72b0, burb c9cc7430
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 80000280, flags 0, urb c9cc72b0, burb c9cc7430
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 80000280, flags 0, urb c9cc72b0, burb c9cc7430
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 80000280, flags 0, urb c9cc72b0, burb c9cc7430
usb-uhci.c: ENXIO 80000280, flags 0, urb c9cc72b0, burb c9cc7430
What do I need to do to get the usb drive recognized as a vfat drive under Knoppix? Have I set it up wrong under fdisk?

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88
Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$39.99
IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99
2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00
IBM OEM Genuine 1969-009 CD Driver Untested As PARTS. Read Description.
$32.99
IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99
IBM SK-8811 32P5000 PS/2 Keyboard NOS Vintage Black OEM Original Box
$79.95
IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49
NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95
Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK OEM Genuine
$7.99