-
Boot Problem: "mount: No such file or directory"
I've just installed done a Knoppix 3.3 hdinstall on my machine following the instructions on http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638. When prompted whether or not I wanted to installed Lilo on my MBR, I selected no since I already have XOSL installed on my mbr. However, when I select the partition to which I installed Knoppix 3.3 (/dev/hdb19), it gives me a LILO and after selecting "Linux", it starts booting and detecting my hard drive and cd rom. However, it then gives me the following message:
"mount: No such file or directory"
and then
"kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel"
Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks for your time.
Similar Threads
-
By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
-
By bluedevlx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By ollisoft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 03:44 AM
-
By teagab in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 02:34 PM
-
By kiwiguy in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99