-
Thanks, thats a lot simpler than other guides on making a boot floppy. I'm assuming for now I don't have to give any arguments to mkboot in order to make the floppy. Edit: mkboot installs lilo on the floppy, when I boot with lilo on the floppy I get an error. Is there any way to make mkboot pretend lilo (or grub) isn't there?
According to lilo.conf, lilo is installed in my linux partition and not the hard drive itself, so it shouldn't be in the MBR, correct?
Lilo is "helping" boot my machine. When I boot it shows the default boot (black screen with dell logo and progress bar) then Lilo tells me its booting WinNT (thats what I set as default). So I'm not completely clear on what's going on at this point, although everything seems to be working fine.
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By totenengle in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:39 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
-
By greenbridge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 08:51 PM
-
By mordor in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00