-
HDD installation?
Installed Knoppix onto my machine. Used sndconfig, worked fine, everything was _configured_ or so I thought. I do have system sounds, you know the annoying sounds that play when you maxamize or minamize a window. But, When I try to play an .Mp3 file with xmms, i get an error, make sure the right plug in is selected and your sound card is configured properly, I thought it was configured properly and i've tried all the plug ins and still won't play? What can I do? Hope this makes sense..thanks in advance.
-Phrankie
Irc.solarstone.net #Linux
-
Member
registered user
For you don't want sounds w/ closing windows &c., try to shot down the arts sound server.
Menu K - control center - sounds - sound server.
Or - try to start xmms w/
I didn't try this w/ xmms but it works w/ realplayer.
tom
Similar Threads
-
By pbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By bxb32001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 12:36 PM
-
By publiusi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
-
By appel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2002, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99