I just learned about Knoppix recently and I'm using version 3.3, 2003/11/19. I'm interested in using it to clone my hard drive from internal IDE to a USB 2.0 drive enclosure. I'm able to mount and use the USB 2.0 drive, but I'm measuring speeds of about 700kB/s (as opposed to about 48MB/s for the same drive connected on the internal IDE). So it appears that the USB 2.0 drive enclosure is running at USB 1.1 speed.
Does this version of Knoppix support USB 2.0? Are there extra commands that have to be issued to get the drives to come up at USB 2.0 speeds?
I'm using a Dell Dimension 4500 with BIOS version A04 and six integrated USB 2.0 ports onboard. I've tried this with legacy USB support enabled and disabled in the BIOS, with the same results. Is the USB 2.0 hardware on this Dell machine supported by Linux USB drivers?
Can someone point me to more information on Linux USB support and maybe a howto that describes steps I can take to debug this further to see what's going on?
Many thanks,
Mike

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts
$100.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
APPLE IIC A2S4100 VINTAGE PERSONAL COMPUTER UNTESTED AS-IS, NO POWER CABLE
$149.99
$50.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15" LCD Screen A1001
$79.99
TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage
$55.00
Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB
$299.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5" Hard Drive IBM WDS-280 PowerBook 1992
$65.00
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99