Are you installing from the unstable branch? i.e.
Code:apt-get -t unstable install libqt3-mt-dev
Hey folks,
I have 3.2 installed to my harddrive.
I do not know if this is specifically related to Knoppix or Debian, but when I am trying to install the package libqt3-mt-dev to be able to compile my QT programs made using QT Designer, there is a problem with the package xlibs-pic.
All dependencies of libqt3-mt-dev are installing with no problem except for xlibs-pic. libqt3-mt-dev depends on xlibs-pic, and xlibs-pic depends on xlibs (= 4.2.1-12.1), but only the higher version 4.3.0-0ds4 of xlibs exists. In order for xlibs-pic to be statisfied, only the exact version of 4.2.1-12.1 must be installed...
The only way I found to solve this is to remove xlibs 4.3.0-0ds4 and to install the required versions, but that would break my whole dependency web and ruin my installation.
Does anyone know how to solve this or if there is any xlibs-pic that can depend on xlib 4.3.0-0ds4?
Thanks a lot![]()
Are you installing from the unstable branch? i.e.
Code:apt-get -t unstable install libqt3-mt-dev
Yes, I did it using that command but I get the following output:
Code:root@DNLSYS1:/root# apt-get -s -t unstable install libqt3-mt-dev Reading Package Lists... Done Building Dependency Tree... Done Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that the package is simply not installable and a bug report against that package should be filed. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: libqt3-mt-dev: Depends: xlibs-pic but it is not going to be installed E: Broken packages root@DNLSYS1:/root#![]()
OK, well all I can tell you is that I have libqt3-mt-dev 3.2.1-6, xlibs 4.3.0-0ds4 and xlibs-pic 4.3-1 installed.
According to apt-show-versions, xlibs-pic 4.3-1 is newer than the version in the archive (4.2.1-14)!As this is the unstable branch, my only guess is that this is a temporary dependancy bug. Until packages.debian.org comes back online, it's hard to say any more.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Hi,
First, have you done apt-get update and upgrade?
Try searching this forum for problems and solutions with libxcursor-dev and kdelibs-data.
Then upgrade the two packages.
If you search the dependency trees for these you find xlibs.
For libxcursor-dev you might have to install libcursor1
Then do:
cd /var/cache/apt/archives/
$ dpkg -i --force-overwrite kdelibs-data_4%3a3.1.4-2_all.deb libxcursor-dev_1.0.2-2_i386.deb
After managing to upgrade these two, you should be able to install xlibs-pic.
PS: Use my suggestions at own risk![]()
Hi Markus,Originally Posted by Markus
Yes, I keep my list updated every day. I will attempt your method as soon as I back my system up just in case something goes wrong.
I'll tell you if it worked once I try it.
Thanks for everybodys help![]()

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95
LOT OF 2 Samsung 32GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T (M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q)
$299.95
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00