-
Mozilla language change problems
After having installed successfully Knoppix (3.3 19-11) on my hard disk I wanted to change the interface language of mozilla (version 1.5 that comes pre-installed) from English to Spanish. Something I have done many times under M$ Windows 2000 with no problems and also under Red Hat 9.
Firstly I tried as the knoppix user and was told I do not have permission to modify the directory. So I repeated the procedure as root and it appeared to work ok.
The problem is that if I try to run mozilla as knoppix I get an error console (mozilla.bin) from mozilla with a lot of messages (all in red), the first few lines being:
<window id="main-window"
^
<menuitem id ="edit_prefill"
....^
etc.
There are a few pages, but since mozilla will not let me copy them it would take too long to type them in by hand.
Now, if I run mozilla as root, it works fine, so I thought it must be a question of permissions, however, I have even changed the mozilla directories:
chmod -R 777 /var/lib/mozilla/*
And it makes no difference...
Any suggestions?
Many thanks.
Tim
Similar Threads
-
By Dale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 07:45 AM
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By Marquis_24 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 05:28 AM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By Ruben in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368
$22.99

Genuine OEM 63Wh 7FMXV Battery For Dell Latitude 5320 7320 7420 7520 4M1JN TN2GY
$32.99

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New
$33.50

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery For Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3330 3320 Vostro 3515
$22.00

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$39.99

OEM Genuine 95WH PKWVM C903V Battery 7550 For Dell Precision CR72X 17C06 447VR
$37.40

OEM 38Wh F62G0 Battery for Dell Inspiron 13 5370 7000 7370 7380 7386 7373 P83G
$29.89