-
Detecting netcard under Knoppix 3.3
Hello. I 've get a big trouble with using the netcardconfig under Knoppix 3.3. The problem is:
I was run the command netcartconfig under the root console, setting up the existing settings, and after installation, a have getting the message: unreacheble network interface(?!).
I look in my /etc/samba/smb.conf file for any problems, but there all lines was correct, the information was entered successfuly and true.
If anyone of you is meets the same problem within its configuration of network under Knoppix, lets reply to me.
Thank you
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Detecting netcard under Knoppix 3.3

Originally Posted by
acidcho
Hello. I 've get a big trouble with using the netcardconfig under Knoppix 3.3. The problem is:
I was run the command netcartconfig under the root console, setting up the existing settings, and after installation, a have getting the message: unreacheble network interface(?!).
I look in my /etc/samba/smb.conf file for any problems, but there all lines was correct, the information was entered successfuly and true.
If anyone of you is meets the same problem within its configuration of network under Knoppix, lets reply to me.
Thank you
Not sure I follow you. Just so we're clear on this smb.conf has nothing to do with networking except that it is for browsing/mounting windows shares. Networking itself must function before samba will. What kind of NIC do you have?
Similar Threads
-
By linux_Fred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2005, 05:15 PM
-
By CiscoKid in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 12:59 AM
-
By kant in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:09 PM
-
By StansSon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By fullerton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50