-
Boot Problem: "mount: No such file or directory"
I've just installed done a Knoppix 3.3 hdinstall on my machine following the instructions on http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638. When prompted whether or not I wanted to installed Lilo on my MBR, I selected no since I already have XOSL installed on my mbr. However, when I select the partition to which I installed Knoppix 3.3 (/dev/hdb19), it gives me a LILO and after selecting "Linux", it starts booting and detecting my hard drive and cd rom. However, it then gives me the following message:
"mount: No such file or directory"
and then
"kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel"
Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks for your time.
Similar Threads
-
By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
-
By bluedevlx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By ollisoft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 03:44 AM
-
By teagab in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 02:34 PM
-
By kiwiguy in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

TEAMGROUP 1x32GB DDR4 2666mHz Memory Module (Read Description)
$67.50

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micron 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 ECC Registered 288-Pin DIMM
$850.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-Pin Desktop RAM 2 Modules
$30.00