-
Boot Problem: "mount: No such file or directory"
I've just installed done a Knoppix 3.3 hdinstall on my machine following the instructions on http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638. When prompted whether or not I wanted to installed Lilo on my MBR, I selected no since I already have XOSL installed on my mbr. However, when I select the partition to which I installed Knoppix 3.3 (/dev/hdb19), it gives me a LILO and after selecting "Linux", it starts booting and detecting my hard drive and cd rom. However, it then gives me the following message:
"mount: No such file or directory"
and then
"kernel panic: no init found. try passing init= option to kernel"
Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks for your time.
Similar Threads
-
By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
-
By bluedevlx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By ollisoft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 03:44 AM
-
By teagab in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 02:34 PM
-
By kiwiguy in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99