Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Is my KNOPPIX CD correct?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23

    Is my KNOPPIX CD correct?

    I'd appreciate it if someone could verify what is on my KNOPPIX 3.3-2003-11-19 boot CD.

    3 Directories
    DEMOS 3.02 MB (1 directory + 3 files)
    Knoppix 694 MB. (1 directory + 43 files)
    Talks 2.54 MB ( 0 directories + 4 files)

    4 Files
    autorun,bat 54 KB
    autorun.inf 45 KB
    cdrom.iso 3.18 KB
    index~18.htm 2.68 KB

    I'm having a problem with doing a satisfactory HD installation of KNOPPIX 3.3-2003-11-19 and I suspect its because of the
    boot CD. I'm new to my burner and Nero so I may have done something wrong.

    If something is wrong with my listing, could someone show me what it should be?

    The original downloaded disk's MD5 checks OK. Is there a way to check the MD5 for the individual directories and files?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    What precisely is the problem?

    What is the problem with the HD install. I have had problems with installing to Hard Drive, I seems that the Hard Drive install is different from the Live CD, some hardware could cause problems even if it works with the Live CD. P.S. I checked the sizes, everything seems fine.

    Afew things that might indicate a problem: (Put the CD in a Windows machine)
    -The .ico file does not appear correctly (file is in D:\)
    -Autorun does not work and/or the batch files do not run properly (alos in D:\)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555

    Re: Is my KNOPPIX CD correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by alex+
    The original downloaded disk's MD5 checks OK. Is there a way to check the MD5 for the individual directories and files?
    Type "knoppix testcd" at the boot prompt; the CD integrity will then be checked.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    23
    I managed to get a copy of the files that are supposed to be on the image CD and compared them to those on my CD and and as I suspected, mine are incorrect. (missing files) I made another CD using a different burner program and it works.

    Thanks all.

Similar Threads

  1. 1st partiton on the HD for correct instalation?
    By altella2005 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
  2. Correct name for App Run file?
    By lilsirecho in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
  3. Correct way to disable DMA in knoppix 3.6 ??
    By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 09:43 AM
  4. Getting the timezone correct
    By el_supremo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 10:19 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99