-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello Illcuban,
First thing, the term "hacker" can be of many definitions.
Hollywood and the Press would lead you to believe that a Hacker is a mallicious person, always on the prowl for a system to leave a "tag" that they were able to get into it on.
This definition can be true for any Operating System, i.e. any OS can get you into a system if you pound it, or have an "open door" through the back maybe.
I think the term "hacker", from what I get, within Knoppix, and Linux, and Debian, and Red Hat, and etc... is the "Open Source" theory. The Source Code is FREELY distributed so that anyone wishing to "add" personalized "features", can add them. Try that one with the WinOS. You might get lucky to EVER SEE the source for that OS. AND GOD FORBID, you ever change it behind M$'s back. You could get slapped with a LAW SUIT for who-knows-what.
The "openness" of GNU/Linux is it's POWER. It allows those with developing Guru status, to give back to something that is Ever-Growing, and EVERYONE benefits from it.
I think, if you are interested in the mallicious terminology of "hacker", you can just fire up your web-browser of choice, and do a search for "tips and tricks" to hacking Corporate Systems. If you are interested in "cracking", same explanation applies. I don't think the OS has anything to do with these issues, but, I can honestly say, if you are going to be hacking, or cracking, any system, it is probably going to be a system running a M$ Windows installed one. Just look at all the M$ Windows Patches that come out every time someone finds a "security leak". I honestly don't even think M$ has a clue, as to how much code "speggetti" they have in every Windows install. Let alone how to patch them. Sometimes, I think M$ is just AMAZED that your system even boots, let alone anything runs like it should. But, that is in My Humble Opinion.
As for the second querry you had; I am sure you can search the Forums here, or your web-browser, for "tips and tricks" for Linux. Maybe even someone might post something more than I on the subject.
Just my 2 cents worth,
Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp
$3509.00

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00