Quote Originally Posted by renaxgade
Here, sorry it's sloppy, but it wouldnt let me to write to my hdd because of permissions. How do I fix that? All I did so far was boot off the cd, didnt set a password or anyting.
I got it to write to floppy.
Right click on the partition you want to use and turn on write permissions
Quote Originally Posted by renaxgade
root 387 0.0 0.0 1708 644 ? S 16:06 0:00 pump -i eth0
Ok, pump is running...
Quote Originally Posted by renaxgade
pump --status
Operation failed.
...but not properly.
Quote Originally Posted by renaxgade
via-rhine 13968 0
mii 2256 0 [via-rhine]
crc32 2832 0 [via-rhine]
The modules for the network interface seems to be loaded
but not in use...
Quote Originally Posted by renaxgade
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev 74)
Subsystem: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine II] Embeded Ethernet Controller on VT8235
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
I/O ports at ec00 [size=256]
Memory at e6002000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
...yes, I think the modules you have loaded should work with
that hardware (can anyone using it successfully comment on that ? )

I assume that things work if you boot into windoze so we can rule out
hardware problems, right ?
What happens if you kill pump and start it again (without unloading
the network driver modules) ?
Have you tried to boot into windos, writing down the Ip address, gateway and dns servers you get assigned and then fired up knoppix
& configured the interface statically with those ? (Only good for
testing until the lease time you got in the windos session runs out,
which should be at least an hour but can be longer, don't leave it like that even if it seems to work)
What does lsmod say after you've configured the interface statically ?