-
Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
As I type this I'm running Knoppix from the cd.
I just wanted to say how very impressed I am with knoppix.
I downloaded it to a cd and then booted up off of it and everything went really smooth.
I have two computers at home on a network and I connect to the internet using a cable modem.
Just to be on the safe side I tried it on my second computer on the network. It's a older computer and I was thinking if I really screwed things up trying to run Knopix I would still have my main computer and the interent connection.
Well to my surprise I booted up off my knoppix cd and everything worked great. I really did not think I would be able to browse the interent with knoppix like I am. When I seen the location bar in the window and I typed in yahoo.com and it came up my jaw hit the floor 
I did not have to manually set up anything.
Today is the begining of running a new OS and maybe the end of microsoft for me....
Knoppix, very impressed!
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
-
By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By turbine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By iconfly in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
-
By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73