-
The 2.6 kernel
I am totally excited by what everyone is saying. I have been following Linux for some time and when I read about Knoppix.net at DemocraticUnderground I came here.
If Knoppix is so user friendly it will spread like wildfire, especially as people have broadband and can work off a CD.
The big deal is the 2.6 kernel. If someone would tell me that the download site is running 2.6 I will be off. This computer is MicroSoft but for sure, this is the last one before joining the Linux movement.
There is another issue that seems not to get much mention. It has do with using a USB harddrive. Let us say that I get the 2.6 kernel of Knoppix and want to use it as a primary system. Could I just add a hard drive or a USB hard drive instead of wiping out MicroSoft?
I am not just asking this for myself. I have read more than most newbies and think these are questions that should be answered on a download paage or in a recent thread like this one.
Thanks guys. I will be here in and out. I will be a good recruiter for the cause.
There is a long thread at Slashdot on the launch of Linux 2.6 dated December 17th- http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...id=185&tid=190
Similar Threads
-
By turbine in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
-
By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
-
By turbine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By iconfly in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
-
By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00