-
Dell USB 2.0 Support?
I just learned about Knoppix recently and I'm using version 3.3, 2003/11/19. I'm interested in using it to clone my hard drive from internal IDE to a USB 2.0 drive enclosure. I'm able to mount and use the USB 2.0 drive, but I'm measuring speeds of about 700kB/s (as opposed to about 48MB/s for the same drive connected on the internal IDE). So it appears that the USB 2.0 drive enclosure is running at USB 1.1 speed.
Does this version of Knoppix support USB 2.0? Are there extra commands that have to be issued to get the drives to come up at USB 2.0 speeds?
I'm using a Dell Dimension 4500 with BIOS version A04 and six integrated USB 2.0 ports onboard. I've tried this with legacy USB support enabled and disabled in the BIOS, with the same results. Is the USB 2.0 hardware on this Dell machine supported by Linux USB drivers?
Can someone point me to more information on Linux USB support and maybe a howto that describes steps I can take to debug this further to see what's going on?
Many thanks,
Mike
Similar Threads
-
By Systems in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 02:52 PM
-
By c01100011 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:30 PM
-
By c01100011 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:04 PM
-
By stonent in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 02:09 AM
-
By Guest in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99