Originally Posted by gommans
You may have to use the xvrefresh option. The default is 75 which might make your screen odd. Trying lowering it a bit.
Hi there!
I downloaded the latest Knoppix yesterdag. I checked the md5 sum.
After that I tried to start on several different PC's, using options like
Knoppix screen=1024x768 , knoppix xserver=Xfree86, fd1024x768 etc.,
but I always end up with a white rectangle covering one third of my screen, and a KDE message. At home I have a Medion Nvidia Ti 4200 and Knoppix recognizes it, but still it doesn't work. It looks like the CD's nog 100% ok, but the md5 sum tells me it's OK!
What can I do?
Thanks for helping me out here!
Regards,
Marcel![]()
Originally Posted by gommans
You may have to use the xvrefresh option. The default is 75 which might make your screen odd. Trying lowering it a bit.
If this happens on a couple of systems with different hardware, than there might really be something wrong with you cd. In my experience, at least nine out of ten systems work just fine with knoppix.
If you know a little about X configuration, you may start knoppix and wait until the cd is quiet, than get a text console with ctrl/alt/F1, type
init 2
to halt X, and edit the X config file with
cd /etc/X11
joe XF86Config-4
Once edited, try to start X using
init 5
Note that 'joe' is a text editor, you can use any other like 'vi' or 'mc'.
Pewe

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Dell 32GB 2Rx8 DDR5 ECC UDIMM 5600 MT/s
$1199.99
MICRON PC4-2666 4GB DDR4 SODIMM MEMORY - GREEN
$38.15
Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Lot of 32 Samsung 32GB 4Rx4 PC3L-12800L ECC RAM CN M386B4G70DM0-YK04 1736
$1000.00
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Hynix 16GB PC4-2933Y 288pin DDR4 SDRAM ECC Reg Server Memory HMA82GR7JJR8N-WM
$79.95
SK HYNIX MEMORY LAPTOP 4GB 1RX16 PC4-3200AA-SC0-13 - GREEN
$44.03