-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: downloading and playing games on Knoppix

Originally Posted by
spydie
I'm running Knoppix from the cd.
I went to download.com and downloaded a .exe file to the desktop.
When I go to open the .exe file it ask me what to open it with.
I'm lost at this point.
Can I open a .exe file?
How do I install the game I downloaded or can't I with Knoppix?
Thanks,
It isn't possible to install anything to a live filesystem with the exception of a few scripts that can install select apps while runinng from cd. You can find thoise scripts here:
www.kano.mipooh.net
I wouls also highly recommend reading our documentation section linked at the top of this page. You will find many answers to your questions both there and by searching the forums.
Similar Threads
-
By rpeck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 03:02 AM
-
By kornface13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By kessragnell in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:02 AM
-
By sunray in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7
$69.59

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$53.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

Dell Precision 3630 Tower Desktop Motherboard Intel LGA1151 DDR4 IPCFL-TB Y2K8N
$47.88