-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: downloading and playing games on Knoppix

Originally Posted by
spydie
I'm running Knoppix from the cd.
I went to download.com and downloaded a .exe file to the desktop.
When I go to open the .exe file it ask me what to open it with.
I'm lost at this point.
Can I open a .exe file?
How do I install the game I downloaded or can't I with Knoppix?
Thanks,
It isn't possible to install anything to a live filesystem with the exception of a few scripts that can install select apps while runinng from cd. You can find thoise scripts here:
www.kano.mipooh.net
I wouls also highly recommend reading our documentation section linked at the top of this page. You will find many answers to your questions both there and by searching the forums.
Similar Threads
-
By rpeck in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 03:02 AM
-
By kornface13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By kessragnell in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
-
By mystical_kakarot in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:02 AM
-
By sunray in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Chicony KB-5181 DIN Vintage Computer Keyboard Untested
$50.00

🔥 Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS �
$216.30

Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99

Vintage Texas Instruments TI 99/4A Home Computer System In Box
$150.00

Vintage Toshiba CRT Light Pen Stylus 3.5mm Computer Input Device NOS
$120.89

Vintage HP 04953 Tape Controller Card PCB, Circuit Board, Module
$30.00

Vintage Sun UltraSPARC III 750MHz + UltraSPARC II 400MHz CPU Lot Ceramic Gold
$34.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage 2000 MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer Optical Technology - Original Box
$59.99

External CD-RW Drive Unit Vintage SCSI Lacie Qualcomm Hard Drive
$159.99