-
Senior Member
registered user
IBM Thinkpad 390Z
Hi!
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience running the KNOPPIX CD on this type of laptop or even as an hdd install? How successful were you?
I'm looking to get this used from a friend. It sounds like a nice 3-spindle machine (ie: simultaneously internal fdd, hdd and cdd) which is rare in newer models. Its also been upgraded to 256MB RAM and DVD/CDRW combo with a PII/400 or PIII/500 (I'm not sure) and in nearly mint condition and I can get it cheap!
But if I can't get KNOPPIX running on it, forget it. I need a portable Linux box....
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By qbus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 09:17 AM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
-
By niki2002 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99