-
cable modem works w/ live cd, doesn't after HD install
My RCA cable modem worked great when using the live cd. I installed from the live cd to my hard drive and the modem no longer works. I have tried netcardconfig, ifconfig, and pump. I also tried network card configuration under the knoppix menu.
When using netcardconfig it lists eth0 and eth1. I tried dhcp broadcast on both, no joy. By the way, the cable modem hooks up by USB.
Thanks
-
resolved
That last sentence about a USB connectioin said it all. I picked up a patch cable today and it worked.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: resolved

Originally Posted by
scramble
That last sentence about a USB connectioin said it all. I picked up a patch cable today and it worked.

What are you telling us? It seems like you're now connecting with a NIC and it works fine; but that still doesn't seem to explain why Knoppix worked fine off the CD with the USB interface but not after being installed to the hard drive. I don't use a USB modem, but personally I think all of these things that seem to stop working after Knoppix is installed to the hard drive need further work. If knoppixc is going to bother to continue to support the option to install to hard drive, then it should install and work properly. Otherwise it just continues to support the impression that Linux installs are much more difficult than Windows installs.
Similar Threads
-
By Kumagoro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2005, 03:54 AM
-
By Tron in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By illcuban in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 02:45 AM
-
By SniperNeo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 09:03 AM
-
By slicksps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99