First step is to see if the card is recognised at all, then start trying to configure it later.
What do you get if you type iwconfig?
I have the aforementioned PCI wireless card installed. Is it known if it will at all work with Knoppix? And if so, then how? I've already tried netcardconfig; DHCP doesn't work and I'm not sure what to put in the boxes in the manual config.
First step is to see if the card is recognised at all, then start trying to configure it later.
What do you get if you type iwconfig?
I have one and it works. Try wlcardconfig.
Post back if you have problems.
iwconfig:
<pre>lo no wireless extensions.
eth0 no wireless extensions.</pre>
wlcardconfig:
Box pops up with "No wireless network card found."
<edit>So apparently it's not recognizing the card at all. I have no idea what the problem is, but I'm using the drivers that came with the card. I'll update and check again to see if it'll help (though I doubt it will).</edit>
Even after updating the drivers, I still got the same errors. I really don't know how to go about getting my card to work now.
I think I should also point out that at boot I get the message:
Network device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP. (Background)
If it's detected, why do all the various commands say that no device is detected?
I'm guessing that your machine also has a regular network card, which is eth0.
Your wireless card - if it was recognised - would become eth1.
Ah, of course. Yes, I have a regular network card already, though it's currently not in use (I have it there for when I have to sometimes move my computer downstairs, and I can grab some CAT-5 and run it right to the router). In that case, it's detecting the regular one, but not the wireless one, because I haven't seen anything about a eth1 anywhere while I was fiddling around with Knoppix.
Anyway, I still need to get my D-Link card up and running somehow. Any help from anybody would be appreciated.
I think that you might be out of luck.
I did a quick google, and the general consensus seems to be that the 520+ is based on the TI acx100 chipset, and TI won't release any information enabling drivers to be built.
Note the the 520 and 520+ seem to based on different chipsets, so any advice offered by 520 owners will not help you.
I did find a project attempting to develop drivers here http://acx100.sourceforge.net/ but this is all pretty low level experimental stuff involving kernel recompiles and such, and judging by their 0.2 version number, I gather they still have a long way to go.
Sorry
Oh, BTW, Merry Christmas.
Sorry. I have the 520 not the 520+ so it looks like you may be out of luck.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
magicJack magicIN & magicOUT VoIP Adapter 1 Line USB/RJ-45 Black w/ Voicemail
$45.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07