Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: D-Link DWL-520+ doesn't work (?)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7

    D-Link DWL-520+ doesn't work (?)

    I have the aforementioned PCI wireless card installed. Is it known if it will at all work with Knoppix? And if so, then how? I've already tried netcardconfig; DHCP doesn't work and I'm not sure what to put in the boxes in the manual config.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    First step is to see if the card is recognised at all, then start trying to configure it later.

    What do you get if you type iwconfig?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I have one and it works. Try wlcardconfig.

    Post back if you have problems.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7
    iwconfig:

    <pre>lo no wireless extensions.

    eth0 no wireless extensions.</pre>
    wlcardconfig:

    Box pops up with "No wireless network card found."

    <edit>So apparently it's not recognizing the card at all. I have no idea what the problem is, but I'm using the drivers that came with the card. I'll update and check again to see if it'll help (though I doubt it will).</edit>

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7
    Even after updating the drivers, I still got the same errors. I really don't know how to go about getting my card to work now.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7
    I think I should also point out that at boot I get the message:

    Network device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP. (Background)

    If it's detected, why do all the various commands say that no device is detected?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    I'm guessing that your machine also has a regular network card, which is eth0.

    Your wireless card - if it was recognised - would become eth1.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7
    Ah, of course. Yes, I have a regular network card already, though it's currently not in use (I have it there for when I have to sometimes move my computer downstairs, and I can grab some CAT-5 and run it right to the router). In that case, it's detecting the regular one, but not the wireless one, because I haven't seen anything about a eth1 anywhere while I was fiddling around with Knoppix.

    Anyway, I still need to get my D-Link card up and running somehow. Any help from anybody would be appreciated.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    I think that you might be out of luck.

    I did a quick google, and the general consensus seems to be that the 520+ is based on the TI acx100 chipset, and TI won't release any information enabling drivers to be built.

    Note the the 520 and 520+ seem to based on different chipsets, so any advice offered by 520 owners will not help you.

    I did find a project attempting to develop drivers here http://acx100.sourceforge.net/ but this is all pretty low level experimental stuff involving kernel recompiles and such, and judging by their 0.2 version number, I gather they still have a long way to go.

    Sorry

    Oh, BTW, Merry Christmas.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Sorry. I have the 520 not the 520+ so it looks like you may be out of luck.

Similar Threads

  1. Linuxgames link
    By Breen_Jones in forum Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 06:49 PM
  2. D-link DWL-G120 help!
    By coasterdude in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:28 AM
  3. Adding a new Link to /
    By pinjarra in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:13 PM
  4. Web link
    By sklynn in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:34 AM
  5. D-Link DWL-120
    By jscinoz in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99