-
Junior Member
registered user
KnoppiXMAME 1.1
Hey folks, KnoppiXMAME 1.1 has hit the mirrors and is ready for you all to enjoy! The biggest new feature you all may be interested in is the 2.6 kernel. Feel free to check it out and hack away. The file size has also been halved to 150MB. You can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/knoppixmame
-
I'ved tried this disc strictly for the kernel. I'm wondering if I can use it to boot the original KNOPPIX cloop files.
The easy route would be to replace your CD's /KNOPPIX directory with that of the /KNOPPIX directory from any of Klaus's release. Any reason why this wouldn't work?
Another route would be build a floppy/CD image with the original boot.img (from a Klaus release) and add the contents of your /isolinux directory to that boot floppy/CD. I presume that the KnoppixMAME file in that directory is an uncompressed (non-bzImage) version of your kernel. Would this work as well?
-SUO
-
in the link :
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6684
"No, I didn't port cloop, I used squashfs instead. "
He said He used the squashfs, not the cloop
so you may uncompress the Knoppix(Clause)
with the cloop un-compress
then compress it with the squashfs compress
then replace the /KNOPPIX dir
make the new ISO
I don't try , I don't know whether it works.
-
non-executable.
In Vmware, I get the following issues:
*help-text at pressing F1 is too long (25 lines should be maximum).
if you have programming experience, you might want to create a syslinux COMBOOT module which displays the document you want to display one screen at a time.
*MAME does not have correct attributes. Since it's on a read-only medium, your users are out of luck.
"/mnt/cdrom/bin/xmame is not a valid executable"
Impressive bootable medium, by the way. GameOS 
I'll have a look at the kernel structure, though I'm hardly familiar with GNU/Linux at all..
Similar Threads
-
By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 25
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 07:58 AM
-
By Lotmr in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-16-2003, 04:30 AM
-
By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 04:29 AM
-
By MonkeyMartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2003, 09:53 AM
-
By thewalkingman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00

DELL PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2690v4 2.6GHz =28 Cores 64GB H730 4xRJ45
$653.00