Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KnoppiXMAME 1.1

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California, USA
    Posts
    27

    KnoppiXMAME 1.1

    Hey folks, KnoppiXMAME 1.1 has hit the mirrors and is ready for you all to enjoy! The biggest new feature you all may be interested in is the 2.6 kernel. Feel free to check it out and hack away. The file size has also been halved to 150MB. You can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/knoppixmame

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    57
    I'ved tried this disc strictly for the kernel. I'm wondering if I can use it to boot the original KNOPPIX cloop files.

    The easy route would be to replace your CD's /KNOPPIX directory with that of the /KNOPPIX directory from any of Klaus's release. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

    Another route would be build a floppy/CD image with the original boot.img (from a Klaus release) and add the contents of your /isolinux directory to that boot floppy/CD. I presume that the KnoppixMAME file in that directory is an uncompressed (non-bzImage) version of your kernel. Would this work as well?

    -SUO

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    8
    in the link :
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6684
    "No, I didn't port cloop, I used squashfs instead. "

    He said He used the squashfs, not the cloop
    so you may uncompress the Knoppix(Clause)
    with the cloop un-compress
    then compress it with the squashfs compress

    then replace the /KNOPPIX dir
    make the new ISO

    I don't try , I don't know whether it works.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    35

    non-executable.

    In Vmware, I get the following issues:
    *help-text at pressing F1 is too long (25 lines should be maximum).

    if you have programming experience, you might want to create a syslinux COMBOOT module which displays the document you want to display one screen at a time.

    *MAME does not have correct attributes. Since it's on a read-only medium, your users are out of luck.
    "/mnt/cdrom/bin/xmame is not a valid executable"

    Impressive bootable medium, by the way. GameOS

    I'll have a look at the kernel structure, though I'm hardly familiar with GNU/Linux at all..

Similar Threads

  1. KnoppiXMAME
    By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 07:58 AM
  2. KnoppiXMAME
    By Lotmr in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 04:30 AM
  3. KnoppiXMAME 1.0 out
    By drfreak in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 04:29 AM
  4. knoppixmame
    By MonkeyMartin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 09:53 AM
  5. KnoppixMAME
    By thewalkingman in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95