Try it from console mode and see how far you get, Otherwise, you may want to start with one of the smaller ISOs. You don't have to be chrooted in.
I'm trying to complete my first remaster and keep running into a problem where the mkisofs to create the compressed image gets to about 37% and fails, padding with 0's and closing. So far it's left me with about a 15MB file.
I'm running on a machine with 256MB RAM and 2GB Swap so I can't believe I'm running out of space.
Also, to confirm ... I don't need to be chrooted to run the mkisofs correct???
Try it from console mode and see how far you get, Otherwise, you may want to start with one of the smaller ISOs. You don't have to be chrooted in.
u must not br chrooted.
cat /proc/swap?
sure about that?

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20
256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh replaces 670-0269 Quadra 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2
$76.20
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple iMac 2003 G4 15" 1GHz PowerPC G4 1GB 80GB HDD Mac OS X 10.4 M6498
$250.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00